User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth getting a modded wii?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it worth getting a modded wii?

Hey guys,

I'm new here on the wii-scene, I like to hang out at the xbox 360 forums a little more. Anyway I had a Wii about a year ago but I sold it after getting my xbox 360, because I lost my interest in the wii. So recently I have been looking around and have gained interest in buying and modding a wii. I am more of a hardcore gamer (favorite games include: BC2, Fallout 3, GTA IV) anyway do you guys think that I should get a wii mod it, or will I end up getting rid of it again? Any input is appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me modding your wii is the best thing you can ever do. You'll enjoy modding your wii more then playing the games made for it. Trust me. I have over 219 games on a usb hard drive and only have beaten New Super Mario Bros so far. Owned my wii since November of last year. You can use emulators to play all classic consoles like SNES, NES and Genesis.

Watch movies on your wii. Go online without being banned. Listen to internet radio. Also you can download Nintendo's entire Wiiware collection (Similar to xbla games). Wii has some very good games to play. It's not for hardcore gamers but casual and family. There are probably around 20 top notch titles for the wii and many good casual games. For hardcore, stick to the xbox 360 and PS3.
    Last edited by Grimms; 04-06-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Grimms. Its just plain fun modding the Wii and is worth it for sure.

Yea, I have modded my Gamecube, Wii, XBox1, 360, NDS, and now waiting for the PSP with firmware 6.20 to be hackible so I can mod that as well, lol. I think its just fun modding. Kind of like back in the day when radio was new and allot of people got ham radio kits to tinker with and what not.

How to safely update to 4.0 or 4.1 with wads:http://www.wiiso.com/showthread.php?t=61700
    Configuring External USB Dives for Wii USB Loaders:http://www.wiiso.com/showthread.php?t=59998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advice: don't buy a premodded wii... doing it yourself allows you to learn more in the process and know exactly what was done to the wii.

Read the tutorials thoroughly first though...

Boycott Sony for their pathetic marketing and pure inability to please the consumer. Get N or get out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, definitely check this thread here out: http://www.wiiso.com/showthread.php?t=70177

How to safely update to 4.0 or 4.1 with wads:http://www.wiiso.com/showthread.php?t=61700
    Configuring External USB Dives for Wii USB Loaders:http://www.wiiso.com/showthread.php?t=59998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the pope catholic

Do bears like Berries?

Do crabpeople exist?
    .: Newest :.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ lmfao and thanks for the advice guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would buy a used wii from gamestop or something, then mod it so you could no wat u r doing

Warning  NINJA AWESOMENESS COMIING THROUGH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found a used Wii for $150 which includes: 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks, wireless sensor bar, cables, and the system.
    One question what materials do I need to softmod the wii? I already have an SD card....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SD card and gamecube controller for boot2 as ios.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast