User Tag List

Thread: DSI Acekard 2i 1.4.4 update help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DSI Acekard 2i 1.4.4 update help

Ok so i was updating my acekard to the new firmware so i could use it, and it kept giving me an error (its been awhile since i did this as i lot my power cord for like ever) anyway while i had my back turned my bf said here is your problem and updated my dsi BEFORE i got the acekard working on it....so now i cant get it to update and i have NO other dsi or ds or anything like that...CAN i still udpate it and if so what should i do, or how do i un update it... i know i can unupdate the wii (got that sucker modded like a boss) but me and my DSI are abbout to have a fight because i just payed 10 bucks for a ♥♥♥♥ charger and i cant get my ace to work...so can someone tell me how to make it work or undo my update, thank you ever so much .

Posts Merged Please Don't Double Post

also if it has to be flashed can i use some sort of DSI/DS emulator?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you will need to borrow someone else's DSi in order to update the Acekard now. You can't undo the DSi update. He really should NOT have done that update to your DSi.

I had the same issue when I bought one for my g/f's DSi - hers was already updated when she bought it, and the card Acekard sent me hadn't been flashed to the newest firmware yet. I just used my nephew's older DS to update the Acekard firmware.

Your only other option is to use a DS Lite to perform the update. I could be wrong but I don't know of any other way. I spent a few minutes googling around to see if I could find anything, but I think you're out of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so there isnt a way to maybe use a DS emulator on the computer to do it? darn..now i gotta trick someone at the store to let me test one out, sucky. ty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked around a few other forums, and any place I could find someone asking the same question (how to update if your already on the new firmware) the response was always that you'd need to find an older DS. It does suck, and you'd think there would be an easier way... best of luck to you with your updates!

Found this info on another site, might help you:
    "DS Phat and DS Lite systems do not have upgradable firmware. Users who upgrade their DSi can always reflash the AK2i bootloader using one of these two older systems"
    - so you can use ANY DS Phat or DS Lite to perform the upgrade too.
    Last edited by Roobix; 05-08-2012 at 04:58 AM.