User Tag List

Thread: Warsong - Sega Genesis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Warsong - Sega Genesis

Title ID: MB2E (Jap title ID with US region code)

Hidden: 

Warsong
    Console: Sega Genesis/ Sega Mega Drive
    Year: 1991
    Developer: CareerSoft
    Publisher: Treco
    Genre: Tactical RPG

Injected into Sonic3DBlast
    Custom title, save icon, channel icon, and banner
    Replaced .00000004.app to remove manual

In my opinion, this is the best game published on the Sega Genesis outside of Japan.
    Last edited by givemesomewiistuff; 05-06-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a couple of things to mention.

Since the game uses SRAM (save feature), you might want to inject it into Sonic 3 or Phantasy Star II that has it.

Rather than using the 04.app I modified, there is a much simple way of disabling the Electronics Manual without modifying the 04.app. Simple open 00000001.app in a hex editor, search for HomeButton3. You should get one result. Simple replace this with HomeButton2 and save.

The save banner image has green and blue pictures in the corner. You need to go into the "save icons" folder (where the VC_Icon_Gen.exe is located) and replace the image with a better one. In fact, I'll upload the tool with the fixed Genesis image.
    Last edited by RadioShadow; 05-07-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RadioShadow View Post
    Just a couple of things to mention.

Since the game uses SRAM (save feature), you might want to inject it into Sonic 3 or Phantasy Star II that has it.

Rather than using the 04.app I modified, there is a much simple way of disabling the Electronics Manual without modifying the 04.app. Simple open 00000001.app in a hex editor, search for HomeButton3. You should get one result. Simple replace this with HomeButton2 and save.

The save banner image has green and blue pictures in the corner. You need to go into the "save icons" folder (where the VC_Icon_Gen.exe is located) and replace the image with a better one. In fact, I'll upload the tool with the fixed Genesis image.
    -I figure SRAM really isn't useful on the wii because it isn't using an SRAM battery in a game cartridge (although i know Sonic 3 has (save_sram="1") in the 05.app ccf config)
    -Its easier for me to edit 1 04.app homebutton then copy/paste it in all injected wads than it is to open every 01.app with a hex edit and replace the home button
    -As for that I found that VCIcon8.0 has the green and blue triangles, so i replaced the border with the megadrive border in paint. Should be fixed for future Genesis games
    Last edited by givemesomewiistuff; 05-21-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main problem you will find is that if you "Reset" the game, all your save date (SRAM) will be lose. That is why it is best to inject the rom into a SRAM support game, then the data will not be lose if you "Reset" the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RadioShadow View Post
    The main problem you will find is that if you "Reset" the game, all your save date (SRAM) will be lose. That is why it is best to inject the rom into a SRAM support game, then the data will not be lose if you "Reset" the game.
    I just pressed reset on both the home screen and the actual console button. In Neither case did it erase the game data.