User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to use a USB controller on the wii?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it possible to use a USB controller on the wii?

Has anyone developed an iso for that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you want a corded controller? There are some rechargeable batteries that use the wii's usb ports to charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha Man, are you stupid ??? I think you dont know whats an iso is right ??? A iso is the save format if you copy a game but what you mean with a Usb controller ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you mean I cios file and no nobody has made one because nobody wants to use a USB controller on the wii
    Thanks Anum for the great Sig Picture
    Posted from Android app

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markwither View Post
    I think you mean I cios file and no nobody has made one because nobody wants to use a USB controller on the wii
    Maybe i can programm one CIOS but who use it ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use it. Sure wireless is great, never worry about messy wires, tripping over them, or bundling them up after you play, but there are lots of people who would prefer to use just a simple usb cord. Yes there are lots of peripherals that lets you charge a controller on a docking bay or you may simply use rechargeable batteries but even then it can become a nuisance. Battery runs low and you have to recharge the battery again or swap out for another set before playing again. Sure everyone has batteries but it doesn't mean you have to use them. USB, you plug it in and you play till you turn off the wii. And when it comes to console setup. Not everyone has a big screen tv or a room where you can sit a good 5-10 ft away from the screen. A lot of people may have the wii in their bedroom or worse, their DORM room. Space may be limited so the cord doesn't need to be too long. And if you're anything like me, I love playing the old retro games on the Wii emulators like the Final Fantasy games on SNES or favorite classics from my childhood like Gunstar Heroes or River City Ransom. I would just love to be able to plug in a regular USB controller and play till my heart's content without worry about having a spare charged set of batteries. Sure I can easily play emulators on any PC/laptop. But if you have a larger TV compared to your monitor, why would you settle for your computer monitor? Sure you can hook up your PC or laptop to your TV but that's just more things to move and more bulky cables to fiddle with. A simple cios to enable usb controllers isn't bad idea. It's just giving the players an option. If they don't want it, they don't have to download it and use it. But it's not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I don't see how this can work. The wii mote is designed to be wireless and never to be wired. If you want to use a wired controller, use a Gamecube controller. Some games won't support the gamecube controller because it doesn't work with a wired controller, you need to be moving around in order for it to work. For example, Super Mario Galaxy. You need to point at the screen to collect star bits, a corded controller won't work for that, and that is what makes the wii so cool and unique, because it doesn't require a cord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aman207 View Post
    Honestly I don't see how this can work. The wii mote is designed to be wireless and never to be wired. If you want to use a wired controller, use a Gamecube controller. Some games won't support the gamecube controller because it doesn't work with a wired controller, you need to be moving around in order for it to work. For example, Super Mario Galaxy. You need to point at the screen to collect star bits, a corded controller won't work for that, and that is what makes the wii so cool and unique, because it doesn't require a cord.
    No one said that they wanted to play ALL games or even MOST games with a usb controller. and no one said that the usb controller would substitute for the wii-mote. but what about the classic controller. a lot of fun games are compatible with the classic controller, and not everyone is comfortable handling a gamecube controller. Personall when I play Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Mario Kart I prefer the classic controller over the gamecube, and I would love to be able to play that game all night with my friends without worrying about my wii-mote's battery life because my classic controller is forced to connect to it. The example i gave earlier was more towards playing the emulators that have been ported to the Wii, they're great. I'm very happy to have the option to play my favorite childhood games and I'm most appreciative of it but I would like to have the option of just plugging in a usb controller to play rather than worry about spare batteries and such. I'm not a developer in any sense so I won't complain that there isn't an option, but I will say that if anyone thinks they can do it, I hope that they do, because it's a program that would be very helpful to people like me :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The classic controller still connects to the wii mote so I don't see your point. The classic controller is a better version of the gamecube controller anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aman207 View Post
    The classic controller still connects to the wii mote so I don't see your point. The classic controller is a better version of the gamecube controller anyways.
    yes I stated that the classic controller connects to the wiimote, which uses batteries. AGAIN i'm saying that not everyone wants to rely on batteries. and yes I ALSO STATED that I prefer the classic controller over the gamecube. The point of this was to say that not everyone care much about being wireless, they just want to play. If you want to use the classic controller you MUST connect it to the wiimote which uses batteries. But if you want to use a gamecube controller you can directly connect it to the wii. Why not also have the option to connect a usb controller similar to the configuration of the classic controller into the usb port? If you honestly still don't understand the point of this thread, I suggest you actually read it. All you did in your last post was restate what I said in the post prior...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast