User Tag List

Thread: Can my Wiikey modchip play Skyward Sword? If not, how can I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can my Wiikey modchip play Skyward Sword? If not, how can I?

Hi, I have a Wii I bought when it first came out and installed Wiikey, the last time I played it was for Super Mario Galaxy which was an iso copy (I also bought the original). Now that the new Zelda game is coming out, I want to know if I would be able to play this game the way it is and if not, what are the steps to get this to play? I haven't been up to date with the wii modding so not sure if the updated Wiikey firmware will work and if the official Nintendo updates will mess up my Wii. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to play with my Wiikey2, I still installed the IOS as if i was going to use a usb loader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you be able to tell me where you got the IOS and if you needed to update the Wiikey firmware to play or is the update that I have now that can play Mario Galaxy good enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ravinaziankid View Post
    Would you be able to tell me where you got the IOS and if you needed to update the Wiikey firmware to play or is the update that I have now that can play Mario Galaxy good enough?
    You dont need to install IOS or anything. Just update your Wii to the latest Firmware, burn the DVD and play.
    If its not working, which i highly doupt, you should just update your Wiikey Firmware. Check under http://www.wiikey.com/en/downloads/ (you will need to register). Burn the DVD, install the Firmware and have fun.
    Dont forget you will need to play, original or backup, a Motionplus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. But when you say to update the Wii to the recent firmware, do yo mean to just update using the Wii's auto update? I just dont want to brick if I download the firmware directly from nintendo. Please let me know. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. But when you say to update the Wii to the recent firmware, do yo mean to just update using the Wii's auto update? I just dont want to brick if I download the firmware directly from nintendo. Please let me know. Thanks.
    yea, I mean exactly this, update your Wii over Internet or via DVD.
    Most Games have the latest firmware implemented, so you should have no problems to do so, the other way, is to connect to Wii Shop, which always needs the latest Update or you go into your Wii Options and search the "Update Firmware" Menu, which is what you told me.

You never need to worry to update your Wii, as Modchips cant be detected by Nintendo.
    Only if you use Homebrew, Loader etc. your Wii could be Bricked, but if its not the case and you only use a Modchip to play games, you can just install every update you want (from your Region). ModChips never brick, only Homebrew.

I also recommend you to use the latest Wiikey firmware which can be found on www.wiikey.cn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do not auto update, pimp my wii maybe but not nintendo auto update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, you can update just update. if you dont have homebrew, just make an update nothing can happen!!

@kirby: he doesn't have any homebrew, let him update! bricks are for people which played with homebrew, not hardmodders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Yeah, I'm using Wiikey2 that's been solder onto my Wii.