Thank you for March donations
For those of you who wish to support this project beyond being a standard user, you can make a donation to WIIU ISO by using the Donations Button below.
As a way of saying thank you for contributing towards the server cots, we will upgrade your membership from a standard user to a sponsored user, give you exclusive access to a chat box to speak with staff, give you a custom user tile, and most of all, remove all ads from the forum. Please note that the ads will be reactivated once you stop donating.
As further recognition of your contribution, we will feature your username on the donations bar as one of our official ISO supporters.
We appreciate your dedication and support of WIIU ISO
0 %
Total Donations to cover the April server costs %1
100 %
Donate to WIIU ISO Via Paypal
Latest Releases

Download Zumba Kids Ultimate Dance Party

Download Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Download Transformers Ultimate Battle Edition

Download Cabelas African Adventures

Download Angry Birds Star Wars

Download Just Dance 2014

Download Monster High 13 Wishes

Download Ben 10 Omniverse 2

User Tag List

Thread: Going To Get A X360 Key - Should I Go For The 4Gb Xbox Slim Instead of 250Gb then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Going To Get A X360 Key - Should I Go For The 4Gb Xbox Slim Instead of 250Gb then?

If possible obviously I'd rather put the 45 difference toward kinekt or something. 4GB is tiny and pathetic so I would prefer 250GB unless I can do some of the following from an external drive using X360 Key:

1) Play Game Demos. Usually deleted right after playing. Ranges in size about 700MB-2GB.

2) Use / Download Game add-ons. These include extra maps for multiplayer games, additional campaign levels or missions, new songs for a music game or new in-game characters. These could range from a few megabytes to a couple of gigabytes depending upon the amount of content you are buying. Extra multiplayer levels or missions could use a lot of space.

3) Play Xbox Live Arcade Games or Indie Games. These range from usually really small 40MB to the occasional big game 300MB. None of these games require a HDD, but they could add up over time. You will be fine with a USB thumb drive for these games though. And you can always delete and redownload later if you need to clear space.

4) Install disc based retail games to the HDD. This was much more useful with the old Xbox 360 because the DVD drive was so loud when it would spin. The new Xbox 360 is so quiet that there is very little advantage to installing games. Load times are only reduced by a few seconds by installing games to the HDD.

5) Play Game videos. I expect this will eventually change, but for some reason unlike movies, movie trailers, tv shows, and music videos Microsoft still requires you to download game trailers to your hard drive. Microsoft clearly has the ability to stream 1080p video so there is no reason for this any longer. For now though you need storage space to watch game trailers

Will it do this?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to keep costs low, I would go for the 4gb, even if you want 250gb. I got myself the 4gb then took a Western Digital Scorpio Blue laptop harddrive in 250gb flavor and used a small program to modify the sectors on it to be compatible with the XBox 360 - so in turn I got a 254gb xbox360 for 230$ instead of 300$ for a 250gb.

I don't know the conversion for currency for you since I'm in the US.

Your choice though as always
    Last edited by Catevari; 09-18-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just go for the 250g version it saves alot of hassle in the long run. The 45 you save buying a 4gb would really be spent on a 250g hdd (not xbox) anyway and if you buy the 4gb console and a 250g hdd (offical xbox) its like 69 anyway so its all about how you wanna spend your hard earned cash. If you dont get an offical you can run into all sorts of probs.

I Try my Best to Help
    WHAT!!!!! You dont know where the thanks button is???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily. I've heard of more people with HDD problems that come from Microsoft compared to the modified WD's. I can't remember the last time MS had things that lasted 'long term' and considering I've a WD from the late 80's early 90's still running on all cylinders means I trust and prefer the WD's.

As a side note to the OP, like I said, my way was cheaper at least being in the US, I don't know the prices of things over there. Aside from that for as long as I've had my 360 with the modded WD, I've had 0 problems except with the Lite-on DVD drive pcb going bad and it wasn't hard to replace that to get it operational. While the DVD drive was down I happily played some arcade games via my HDD
    Last edited by Catevari; 09-18-2011 at 11:03 PM.