Thread: Wii U Updated And I Can't Run My Stuff

Default Wii U Updated And I Can't Run My Stuff

It's just updated to 5.5.3 the latest one after I thought stupidly that they wouldn't do anymore (again) and now my WUDs aren't working, including Homebrew Channel and it got rid of my Coldboot Haxchii. I'm trying to install Brain Training from the Eshop but that's coming up with a weird error too so am I stuck now?

I was never a big fan of Coldboot Haxchi because of this very reason, yes it's convenient that you don't have to boot into CFW but for me, I like my system to be factory as possible and only boot into CFW when I need to.

Now what's the error message your getting when trying to install Brain Training again?

EDIT:
    From what I've read that for those on Coldboot Haxchi, after the update, just boot back into the Homebrew Channel and re install Coldboot installer again. Your saying that your trying to install Brain Training again, but do you still have icon that normally gets you into the Homebrew Launcher? Or did you uninstall it? If you can't get into the Homebrew Launcher channel, you can still use the Web Browser Exploit to get back into the Homebrew Launcher channel to re install coldboot.
    Last edited by xs4all; 09-07-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xs4all View Post
    I was never a big fan of Coldboot Haxchi because of this very reason, yes it's convenient that you don't have to boot into CFW but for me, I like my system to be factory as possible and only boot into CFW when I need to. Now what's the error message your getting when trying to install Brain Training again? EDIT: From what I've read that for those on Coldboot Haxchi, after the update, just boot back into the Homebrew Channel and re install Coldboot installer again. Your saying that your trying to install Brain Training again, but do you still have icon that normally gets you into the Homebrew Launcher? Or did you uninstall it? If you can't get into the Homebrew Launcher channel, you can still use the Web Browser Exploit to get back into the Homebrew Launcher channel to re install coldboot.
    Thanks~ The Homebrew Channel Icon doesn't work, it comes up with the same error that comes up when I try to launch my other less than legit Wups :(

In that case, your only option is to use the web browser exploit which still works on the latest firmware, you may get system freezes but keep trying.

Try following the guide HERE, but skip the Homebrew Launcher part where it gets you to access a URL, see if you can get to the Homebrew Launcher this way, if you still have the required files for coldboot on your SD CARD, just re install/setup again.

Whats the error message your getting? is it a message or a code?

Ah, that was an ordeal! Managed to open the Do Not Touch Me! Icon that booted me back into it which gsve me a chance to refresh everything with the Homebrew Channel Launcher and now everything seems to be fine v.v definitely using the DNS blocker from now on >_>

Ok, just read over at GBATemp HERE, this seems to be affecting EUR/PAL regions only

Below steps is taking from the OP of that thread "Adran_Marit" so credit goes to him/her:

Step 1: Power on your WiiU
    Step 2: Goto your Virtual Console DS game with the title "DO NOT TOUCH"
    Step 3: Launch it, it should now reboot your WiiU into CFW
    Step 4: Launch Homebrew Launcher
    Step 5: Launch the CBHC Installer
    Step 6: Uninstall your previous Coldboot Haxchi
    Step 7: Reboot WiiU and repeat steps 2-5
    Step 8: Choose "Install Coldboot Haxchi"
    Step 9: When it has finished reinstalling your Coldboot Haxchi reboot your WiiU
    Step 10: If it was successful you should now be at the CBHC menu, go down to autoboot and change to "System Menu"