Thread: [Tutorial] How to play Gamecube, PS1, & N64 games on the gamepad

Default [Tutorial] How to play Gamecube, PS1, & N64 games on the gamepad

For a while now it's been possible to play Gamecube games directly with the Wii U gamepad as a controller. Not only this, you can also play PS1 and N64 games from the gamepad as well! This essentially makes it into a portable experience, well if you're close enough to the console that is. For those who love playing things off-TV, this is a really amazing feature to utilize. You could also play from a TV with the gamepad as a controller if you prefer.
    It's now possible to force vWii to use Wii U CPU speeds to get a performance boost on PS1 and N64 emulators! PS1 games are now playable at fullspeed, well at least mainstream games are but not everything works.
    Use Section I for Gamecube games, if that doesn't work then you'll need to use Section III instead. This tutorial doesn't require you to hack vWii at all, unless you're going to use section III.

This guide assumes that you have a basic understanding of Wii U hacks. Such as booting into Homebrew Launcher, running CFW, installing with Wup Installer GX2, how to use Nintendont, etc.

EDIT: Having a problem with spoilers. Open all the spoilers to see the guide

Here's a video demonstration of playing PS1 games on the gamepad:

I. How to play Gamecube games on the gamepad

Hidden: 
    Hidden: 

II. How to play PS1 and N64 games on the gamepad

Hidden: 

III. All in one solution for Gamecube, PS1, and N64 games on the gamepad (vWii Homebrew Channel with gamepad support. Use this if section I. didn't work on your system)

Hidden: 
    Hidden: 
    Hidden: 
    Last edited by MattKimura; 12-15-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Awesome tutorial bro, Thanks for putting this up for everybody.

Some Gamecube games on Wii U USB Helper are saying we have to provide the ISO to build the game. Is that required for all the games to download the GCN games from USB Helper? Don't get me wrong, I know how to convert the games to install on wii u, just being lazy and want to download them off of USB Helper. lol

@Akps4

Correct, you need to provide your own ISO's, same goes for Wii games that are on the list, I have yet to test to see how it works but I assume the latest builds of WiiU USB Helper have the inbuilt tools to create the inject for you once you provide the ISO's.

gracias genio!!!! excelente aporte