Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Full WIIU Softmod

@c3s

Ok, since you don't have the fw.img on the root of your SD CARD, click on my VC thread HERE, and scroll down to the CFW section, there you will find the file that you need to put on the root of your SD CARD.

Just some important notes:

You don't need to boot into CFW (custom firmware) when your installing retail games like MK8, as the tickets required to install the game (ticket.tik file) are legit and doesn't need signature patching which requires the WiiU to be in CFW.
    CFW is only needed when your installing and playing those 3rd Party Indie and Virtual Console games on the eShop that has been dumped. Meaning, you need to boot into CFW to install, and also need to boot into CFW to play those games.
    When you reboot your WiiU console, the CFW is lost and will need to boot into CFW again if you wish to play those games, retail games, you don't need to do this.

Since you installed the standard Haxchi method, just confirming that you purchased one of the DS games that is compatible with Haxchi correct and you now have a haxchi game icon on your WiiU Menu?

The files that you need to download in my CFW section in my VC thread, your only require to use the fw.img file and place it on the root of your SD CARD. If you haven't modified the following file when your did the Haxchi install:

SD CARD\haxchi\config.txt

Then you have the default settings on how to boot into CFW, which requires the fw.img on the root of your SD CARD. The default settings is, after you launch Haxchi from the WiiU Menu, hold down the "A" button on the GamePad until you see the "IOSUHAX" boot logo, then you can release the "A" button, you will then be back to the WiiU Home screen. Congrats, you are now in CFW mode, you will not notice anything different and continue to use the WiiU as per normal, now you have the ability to install and play games that require ticket signature patching.

The cfwbooter homebrew app that is also included, this does the same thing as holding down the A button, this homebrew app just loads the fw.img file on the root of your SD CARD and boots into CFW, just like above.
    Why I include this? there is many times where I forget to hold down the A button to boot into CFW, since your now in the Homebrew Launcher channel, just simply launch the cfwbooter app to boot into CFW, this saves you the hassle of exiting the Homebrew Launcher channel and launching haxchi again with the A button. Also cfwbooter is also handy for those that are still on 5.5.1 and still use the browser hack to launch the Homebrew Channel, from here, you can launch this app to get into CFW.

If you don't know the game your installing requires you to be in CFW or not, just try to install, if you get a nice error message about signature patching, then the game requires CFW to install and play.

As I said in my previous reply, have you tried any of the things I suggested?

Can I safely follow this guide if my Wii U is updated to 5.5.2U, or should I be following something else?

@TyCooper8

Try this tutorial site HERE.

I have seen so many ways to mod the WiiU that i have no clue which way is best, anyone have a suggestion?

@Codebreakers

Reade my previous reply.

OK I followed a guide long time ago to hack my wiiu. I have haxchi auto boots me too cfw. I use USB loader to play. My question is I've been away from this a while and forgot alot. Is there a way I can un hack back to factory to follow a new guide so that I'm caught up to speed again? I know for some odd reason my console is asking for an update now which I know not to do. I'm not sure why it's asking for update when I had them blocked way back when I was using it. I remember every so often I had to put in a different updated ip address to block updates but don't remember where I was getting them. Also where is the best place to get wiiu games and classic nes,snes,Sega etc games from to use with USB loader. I use to install them in the past as channels. Any help is appreciated .

@sahara407

This is a quote from GBATemp HERE on how to uninstall Coldboot Haxchi.
    Q: So I just installed this, and it's working fine, but just in case I want to uninstall it, how would I do that? The app says "DONT TOUCH ME," but does that mean I can't even boot it, or does it just mean not to uninstall it?

A: You uninstall it the same way you installed it. This time instead of pushing the button to install you press the button to uninstall. The menu will tell you which button does what if you read it.
    As for the system update, it's perfectly fine to update to the latest 5.5.3 FW, if your USA region console, just remove the DNS blocking IP's and update through the system settings and your all set.
    However, if your on EUR/PAL region console, you must do the following after you have updated: Below is a copy and paste of a reply I posted in another thread:

Ok, just read over at GBATemp HERE, this seems to be affecting EUR/PAL regions only

Below steps is taking from the OP of that thread "Adran_Marit" so credit goes to him/her:

Step 1: Power on your WiiU
    Step 2: Goto your Virtual Console DS game with the title "DO NOT TOUCH"
    Step 3: Launch it, it should now reboot your WiiU into CFW
    Step 4: Launch Homebrew Launcher
    Step 5: Launch the CBHC Installer
    Step 6: Uninstall your previous Coldboot Haxchi
    Step 7: Reboot WiiU and repeat steps 2-5
    Step 8: Choose "Install Coldboot Haxchi"
    Step 9: When it has finished reinstalling your Coldboot Haxchi reboot your WiiU
    Step 10: If it was successful you should now be at the CBHC menu, go down to autoboot and change to "System Menu"

Note:
    The above steps does show you how to uninstall, so you could just do up to Step 6, since the Coldboot Haxchi has not been removed, you should go ahead and uninstall the DS game you purchased for the Haxchi install.
    Now that your system is update to date (if you have opted to do the system update) just head back into the eShop and re download your DS game again and just simply re do the Coldboot Haxchi install again. The web browser exploit still works on the latest 5.5.3 firmware.

Me personally I don't recommend the Coldboot Haxchi, yes it's convienent that you boot into CFW everytime you boot your console, but I like my system to be stock factory as possible and if I need to boot into CFW, it's just an extra couple of tabs.

You mentioned you use USB Loader to play games, what do you mean by that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234